£22,000-26,000 p.a. plus pension and other benefits
Permanent, full-time, although we will accept part-time applications for the right candidate
We want to make a step change impact on major health issues affecting people in the London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark. In the process, we aim to learn about what works to enable support health in urban, diverse and deprived communities, and use those lessons to have impact nationally and beyond.
We are looking for a Business Support Coordinator to join our Resources team. This is a new role building capacity in the team and supplying a coordinating role across the organisation. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic individual to join an organisation with an energetic team in an interesting and varied position and make the role your own. This role works across the organisation and with every team, so you will learn about all aspects of the organisation and the sector we work in.
The Business Support Coordinator is one of the Resources team of seven that provides support across the Charity
As this is a new role it will grow with the person but will be particularly responsible for administering the governing and advisory committees across the organisation, supporting working groups and corporate projects as well as varied general administration tasks. This role will be involved in many projects across the organisation and will be able to identify common areas and facilitate cross group conversations.
Reporting to: Head of Resources
- Administration for working groups across the organisation including noting action points and ensuring these are followed up and investigating queries that aid delivery of the business plan
- Coordination of large internal team meetings including noting action points and ensuring these are followed up
- Ad hoc desk research as required, collating information and giving recommendations based on the information gathered e.g, for new team collaboration software
- General administration tasks as required, e.g. setting up spreadsheets or formatting documents and slides
- Managing and maintaining large stakeholder group information on Salesforce
- Administering the schedule and agenda of the Executive Investment Committee meetings, ensuring papers are delivered on time and are published using Salesforce
- Formatting and proofing papers for the advisory and governance committees and publishing them using the BoardPacks system.
- Note taking at Advisory Committees.
- Technical support in meetings and assisting Committee members as required.
Knowledge and qualifications
- Computer literacy
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Customer facing experience
Skills, abilities and attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communications skills
- Common sense, ability to use own initiative and good at problem solving
- Strong sense of customer service
- Dynamic self-starter who is able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Ability to multi task and good time management
- Organised with careful attention to detail
- Effective team-worker
We are one of the UK’s largest charitable foundations. For over 500 years we’ve been based in and focused on improving people’s health in Lambeth and Southwark, two vibrant inner-city areas with urban health challenges.
We work with a range of partners – both within and outside of Lambeth and Southwark – to identify, test and scale new approaches to health and healthcare. We take a programmatic approach, identifying the biggest health issues for people in our communities, understanding what’s underneath these issues, and working with others to address them. We collaborate with anyone who has the very best approaches and shares our drive to make them happen. Whenever possible, we fund jointly with others.
Through a combination of fundraising and our own philanthropic support, we also help Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust provide exceptional care and a world-class environment for patients and staff at Guy’s, St Thomas’ and Evelina Children’s Hospital, as well as in community health services across the boroughs.
Please visit our website for the full job pack and details on how to apply:
*Please note that this vacancy will close at 8.30am on Tuesday 16 June 2020*
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up