Salary: £9,027 per annum (£22,568 for 1 FTE)
Fixed-term contract to November 2021; 16 hours per week (0.4 FTE) inc Thu mornings
Oasis’s vision is to create community hubs; creating safe and inspiring local neighbourhoods that provide integrated and diverse services to benefit the whole person and the whole community, which includes delivering first-class and innovative education.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community and Families Administrator & Project Support to work as part of our Oasis Hub Waterloo team, to administrate and support the delivery of Community & Families work in and through Oasis Hub Waterloo, into the local community.
The Small Project is a baby clothes library. It provides good quality, second-hand items to local families encouraging a sharing economy across families locally, as well as supporting those in need. Face to face delivery and administration of referral processes and other aspects of our project work also. This role is multi-faceted, with administration and project support elements. Project support consists of both project delivery and administrative coordination of the Small Project, including the management of our referrals process. In addition to administrative skills, this will require good communication, interpersonal skills, clear instructions. - Face to face delivery will be necessary on Thursday mornings, but other working hours can be flexible and designed in agreement with line manager.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Work alongside the Community & Family Manager to provide administrative support, using simple referral, finance and reporting system
• To assist with the key events, holiday programmes and other family support activity
• To be the lead member of an organising committee
• To train volunteers in key delivery roles
• To do research, answer enquires and update social media, including website.
The successful post holder must have:
• A GCSE in English or relevant professional qualification or demonstrate by experience.
• Experience of working with data and information management and implementing administrative systems. Good knowledge of Microsoft including excel and word.
• Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal skills - caring and respectful (in order to support families in difficult circumstances)
• Experience with client facing delivery and working with volunteers
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing national organisation, making a difference to communities on a local level, while individually improving the life chances of young people. As part of the package, Oasis offers:
A pension scheme, currently offering 7% employer contribution
A generous holiday allowance, starting at 25 days per year (plus 8 Bank Holidays)
The full application pack is available at https://www.oasisuk.org/job/community-and-families-administrator-oasis-hub-waterloo/
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV (in Word format, not PDF) to [email protected] together with a covering letter, which answers this question in less than 500 words:
“In brief, tell us why you have applied for this role – feel free to include any of your experience, context, skills and reference to the Oasis ethos.”
We actively encourage applications from people of all ethnic backgrounds and minority and underrepresented groups.
Completed applications should be returned by 9am Friday 4th December 2020.
Interviews will take place in Waterloo 11th to 18th December 2020 (possibly online)
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up