London SE1 community website

Lambeth offers free licences for Jubilee parties

Lambeth Council is making it easy for community groups to organise Golden Jubilee events at the June bank holiday.

The Council will give local communities and party organisers the opportunity to get an entertainment and road closure licence free – providing an application is submitted by 25 March .

Approval will be needed to hold an event in a Lambeth park, public highway or footway. Permission is also needed if you intended to provide music and dancing at your function.

Ade Lawson on 020 7926 2233 deals with queries about road closures, whilst Mike Timlin on 020 7926 6140 can provide advice about entertainment licences.

The SE1 website is supported by people like you
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

News archive from February 1999 to January 2001
Got a story for us?
Contact us with your tip-offs and story ideas.