This is an exciting new project that Blackfriars Settlement Children and Young People's service together with Bankside Open Spaces Trust and funded by Vinvolved will be engaging young people 16-25 in volunteering opportunities.
V is a national charity working to improve these opportunities and recognises this by awarding young people's endeavours.
The main aims are :
• Recruiting and supporting young people into volunteering opportunities
• Creating new and innovative volunteering opportunities for young people
• Providing training, advice and support to young people
• Increase quality and availability of opportunities for young people
• Developing a youth volunteering forum to promote peer support and good practice.
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up