Southwark Trade Union Council presents a public meeting and discussion on how Southwark communities can resist the emergency Budget.
Discussion speakers will include:
• Cllr Peter John - leader of Southwark Council
• Gabriela Quevedo – Latin American Workers Association
• Brook Zeramichael - Young Southwark Works Project
• Tony Farsky – Southwark Pensioners Action Group
• Speaker from Albany Mums, a local midwives campaign
• Branch Secretary - Southwark Unison
• Michael Davern – National Union of Teachers
The organisers say: "The Coalition Government's Emergency Budget is a declaration of war against working class communities, young and old, black and white, working and unemployed are all facing a devastating attack on their living standards."
"This meeting will take a format of a forum where all can speak and share their experiences and ideas about how we can not only resist but fight for a better Southwark for all. Learn about what these cuts mean for our communities, find out how you can get involved and also propose your own ideas about the way forward."
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up