Firefighters tackled a fire in a first floor kitchen above the Albert Arms pub in Gladstone Street on Bank Holiday Monday night.
According to the London Fire Brigade, the fire damaged part of a kitchen on the first floor.
The fire is believed to have been caused accidentally by heat from an oven burning the wood surrounding the appliance.
The brigade was called at 9.54pm and the fire was under control about two and a half hours later.
Fire crews from Lambeth, Dowgate and Dockhead fire stations attended the scene.
For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.
7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?
Read the latest issue before signing up