The home of London's government since 2002. The Greater London Authority - comprising the Mayor of London and London Assembly - is based here.
There is public access to the building on weekdays. The weekend openings (except for Open House London) have been discontinued.
City Hall is the venue for a programme of exhibitions and public events.
The Scoop open air amphitheatre is adjacent.
News & features about City Hall
- Garden Bridge planning approval endorsed by City Hall (19 Dec 2014)
- New Year's Eve: stay away from South Bank if you don't have tickets (18 Dec 2014)
- Southwark's 'Bring Back Our Bobbies' petition delivered to Mayor (9 Dec 2014)
- Trinity Street: council could use ANPR to fine motorbike riders (16 Nov 2014)
- Diocese of Southwark adopts London Living Wage (12 Nov 2014)
- Bomb scare at IWM mars local Armistice Day events (11 Nov 2014)
- Bermondsey Street could be shut to through traffic (10 Nov 2014)
- Routemaster buses on routes 4 and 188 raise money for Poppy Appeal (9 Nov 2014)
- City Hall backs buskers and skateboarders after South Bank row (6 Nov 2014)
- Boris Johnson at odds with own officials on future of Coronet (4 Nov 2014)
- Work to start on 44-storey Elephant & Castle tower (3 Nov 2014)
- Citi bank gives £3 million to Garden Bridge (3 Nov 2014)
- Carole Wright receives volunteering award from Peabody (2 Nov 2014)
- Topping out ceremony at South Bank Tower (25 Sep 2014)
- Waterloo International fully open for local trains 'in 2017' (6 Sep 2014)
- Elephant & Castle: roundabout gone by 2016; tube upgrade 2020 (28 Aug 2014)
- Volunteers offer tourist information outside City Hall (12 Aug 2014)
- Sunset salute for First World War dead at Pool of London (6 Aug 2014)
- Bricklayers Arms: orbital road tunnel could 'unlock potential' (3 Aug 2014)
- Mayor inspects 'safer lorries' for cyclists and pedestrians (29 Jul 2014)
- Ken Loach addresses low-paid cinema workers rally at City Hall (18 Jul 2014)
- South Bank commuter jumps in Thames to save man in distress (7 Jul 2014)
- Boris Johnson and Darcey Bussell launch Big Dance 2014 (3 Jul 2014)
- Armed Forces Day flag raised at City Hall (23 Jun 2014)
- Boris overrules fire authority on sale of Albert Embankment HQ (18 Jun 2014)
Forum discussions about City Hall
- Bike 'gate' on Trinity Street
- Social Cleansing in Southwark
- Garden Bridge
- Rainy day photography locations?
- Westminster Bridge
- Bermondsey Street closed to (through) traffic...
- Police at City Hall
- Homes & Pub to be knocked down on Blackfriars Road
- More fire victims in Southwark?
- Teddy bear invasion
- Vodafone signal strength in SE1
- Cycling - Thames path Neckinger to London Bridge
- Southwark Council - not fit for purpose
- Elephant & Castle Northern Roundabout - latest plans
- Tower Bridge openings - reform needed?
- Flaming Hell-Johnny Cash & his Ring of Fire hiding in Shad Thames
- A Question regarding Trinity Square
- Fire Station Closures Meeting tomorrow
- New City Hall residents? Two geese!
Restaurants, pubs & bars close to City Hall
- London's Kitchen (16 yards)
- Caffe Fratelli (44 yards)
- Strada (82 yards)
- Dim T (138 yards)
- Gaucho (140 yards)
- Spianata & Co (156 yards)
- The Bridge Lounge (190 yards)
- The Vault (196 yards)
- Pod (198 yards)
- Itsu (212 yards)
- Brigade (212 yards)
- Pret a Manger (218 yards)
- The Don Italian Restaurant (222 yards)
- Hipsta Bar (222 yards)
- Costa Coffee (234 yards)
- Unicorn Cafe (240 yards)