The home of London's government since 2002. The Greater London Authority - comprising the Mayor of London and London Assembly - is based here.
There is public access to the building on weekdays. The weekend openings (except for Open House London) have been discontinued.
City Hall is the venue for a programme of exhibitions and public events.
The Scoop open air amphitheatre is adjacent.
News & features about City Hall
- Volunteers offer tourist information outside City Hall (12 Aug 2014)
- Sunset salute for First World War dead at Pool of London (6 Aug 2014)
- Bricklayers Arms: orbital road tunnel could 'unlock potential' (3 Aug 2014)
- Mayor inspects 'safer lorries' for cyclists and pedestrians (29 Jul 2014)
- Ken Loach addresses low-paid cinema workers rally at City Hall (18 Jul 2014)
- South Bank commuter jumps in Thames to save man in distress (7 Jul 2014)
- Boris Johnson and Darcey Bussell launch Big Dance 2014 (3 Jul 2014)
- Armed Forces Day flag raised at City Hall (23 Jun 2014)
- Boris overrules fire authority on sale of Albert Embankment HQ (18 Jun 2014)
- Beating the bounds of Southwark Cathedral's parish (15 Jun 2014)
- Boris deputy: Shell Centre scheme will affect Westminster heritage (10 Jun 2014)
- Catalan human tower outside City Hall part of Europe-wide action (9 Jun 2014)
- Queen's Baton Relay comes to Bankside on Gloriana barge (7 Jun 2014)
- Queen's Baton Relay comes to City Hall (6 Jun 2014)
- Boris Johnson joins police road safety operation in Southwark (27 May 2014)
- Borough schoolboy wins Fourth Plinth art competition (7 May 2014)
- Boris tries wheelchair rugby outside City Hall (7 May 2014)
- President of Ireland and Sabina Higgins visit City Hall (10 Apr 2014)
- Boris slammed for 'unwise' intervention in Albert Embankment sale (1 Apr 2014)
- Boris wants artist to design lighting scheme for Thames bridges (27 Mar 2014)
- Sonic weapons used on Thames during Olympics, says City Hall Tory (19 Mar 2014)
- Commonwealth flag raised at Tooley Street and City Hall (10 Mar 2014)
- 'Save our homes' - Quadrant House residents join City Hall demo (7 Mar 2014)
- 'Criminalisation' of rough sleeping: protesters camp outside City Hall (27 Feb 2014)
- Mayor announces bike & pedestrian improvements at 5 SE1 junctions (26 Feb 2014)
Forum discussions about City Hall
- Rainy day photography locations?
- Westminster Bridge
- Bermondsey Street closed to (through) traffic...
- Police at City Hall
- Homes & Pub to be knocked down on Blackfriars Road
- More fire victims in Southwark?
- Teddy bear invasion
- Vodafone signal strength in SE1
- Cycling - Thames path Neckinger to London Bridge
- Southwark Council - not fit for purpose
- Elephant & Castle Northern Roundabout - latest plans
- Tower Bridge openings - reform needed?
- Flaming Hell-Johnny Cash & his Ring of Fire hiding in Shad Thames
- A Question regarding Trinity Square
- Fire Station Closures Meeting tomorrow
- New City Hall residents? Two geese!
- Noise last night - Bermondsey St
- Evening Standard London Housing Debate 20.03.12
- Tooley Street roadworks update
- Potters Fields / St Olave's graveyard
Restaurants, pubs & bars close to City Hall
- London's Kitchen (16 yards)
- Caffe Fratelli (44 yards)
- Strada (82 yards)
- Dim T (138 yards)
- Gaucho (140 yards)
- Spianata & Co (156 yards)
- The Bridge Lounge (190 yards)
- The Vault (196 yards)
- Pod (198 yards)
- Itsu (212 yards)
- Brigade (212 yards)
- Pret a Manger (218 yards)
- The Don Italian Restaurant (222 yards)
- Hipsta Bar (222 yards)
- Costa Coffee (234 yards)
- Unicorn Cafe (240 yards)