Visitors are able to see a sound and light show telling the history of the Rose Theatre, where Shakespeare learned his craft, and Bankside. Built in 1587 by Philip Henslowe, this was Bankside's first theatre. The remains of the theatre were discovered on the site in Park Street in 1989 when development work was taking place. They have been preserved under the new office block and the public now have access to the site for the first time in 10 years. The exhibition aims to raise money for the re-excavation, preservation and permenant display of the site.