Smokers in Southwark are being offered four weeks of free nicotine reduction therapy (NRT) to help them kick the habit.
Southwark Health and Social Care is offering help to local residents who want to give up smoking ahead of the ban on smoking in enclosed public places which comes into force on 1 July.
Between Wednesday 7 February and Saturday 31 March participating pharmacists will assist smokers to select from gum and patches, group or individual support.
"What a great deal! Who could beat this? Four weeks free NRT exclusively for smokers," says Dr Alan Maryon Davis, Southwark's director of public health.
"We are expecting a huge rush in all of our participating pharmacies, and an increased number of calls to our stop smoking hotline, as people realise that they need to take advantage of this offer while it lasts."
With the smoke-free legislation due to come into force this summer, there has never been a better time for going smoke free. So don't miss out. Come to the "Go Smokefree with Southwark" Spring Giveaway at a pharmacy near you.
Details are available from www.southwarkpct.nhs.uk/stopsmoking or 0800 169 6002.
• Kalmak Pharmacy, 1 Milroy Walk
• Classic Pharmacy, 55 St George's Road
• Lloyds Pharmacy, 339 Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre
• Superdrug Pharmacy, 339 Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre
• Qrystal Pharmacy, 7 Newington Causeway
• Tesco Pharmacy, Old Kent Road
• Lloyds Pharmacy, 18 Harper Road
• Boots, London Bridge Station