St John's Waterloo
Waterloo's Anglican parish church is dedicated to St John the Evangelist. The main Sunday Eucharist is at 10.30am.
St John's hosts a wide variety of local events, concerts, meetings and conferences.
The Parish of Waterloo also includes St Andrew's Community and Worship Centre.
Several organisations - including Southbank Mosaics and the Southbank Sinfonia - are based at St John's.
Tel: (020) 7633 9819
Want a handy printed guide to what's on in the area each month?
Pick up a free copy of in SE1 at St John's Waterloo.
News & features about St John's Waterloo
- 'Estate renewal' for ex-Church Commissioners homes in Waterloo (15 Nov 2015)
- BBC Any Questions? broadcast heralds start of Waterloo Festival (14 Jun 2015)
- Duke of Wellington unveils Battle of Waterloo memorial at station (10 Jun 2015)
- Jonathan Dimbleby leads 50km walk to raise funds for cancer charity (8 Jun 2015)
- St John's Waterloo beats parish bounds (25 May 2015)
- Hundreds pack church for Garden Bridge protest meeting (19 May 2015)
- VE Day theme for 'Beating the Bounds' custom (11 May 2015)
- Duke of Wellington to unveil Battle of Waterloo memorial at station (10 May 2015)
- Vicar apologises for offence caused by Muslim worship in church (18 Mar 2015)
- Bishop to investigate Islamic prayer at St John's Waterloo (14 Mar 2015)
- Remembrance Sunday 2014: pictures & audio (10 Nov 2014)
- Harvest festival celebrated in Lower Marsh (5 Oct 2014)
- New rector for Christ Church Southwark (6 Sep 2014)
- Artist and activist Veronica Planton remembered at Waterloo exhibition (6 Jul 2014)
- Beating the bounds of Waterloo: MPs and councillors join St John's congregation (15 May 2014)
- Southwark Cathedral palm procession in Borough Market (13 Apr 2014)
- Waterloo Festival launches film score competition (28 Mar 2014)
- National Theatre's Shed could stay on South Bank for 3 more years (28 Mar 2014)
- Jail for 'prolific graffiti vandal' who tagged Waterloo tube trains (28 Jan 2014)
- Waterloo: put your bin out at wrong time and face £1,000 fine (24 Jan 2014)
- Robes sponsored sleepout raises £52,000 for winter night shelter (2 Dec 2013)
- Remembrance Sunday in SE1: pictures and audio (10 Nov 2013)
- Tabard Gardens gains Green Flag award for first time (6 Aug 2013)
- Revd Pearl Luxon named as new minister of Lambeth Mission & St Mary's (3 Aug 2013)
- Dale Inglis shows Thames paintings at National Theatre (14 Jul 2013)
Forum discussions about St John's Waterloo
- Roupell Street EF School Development Horror
- Co-op supermarket, Lower Marsh
- st johns churchyard park takeover
- St John's Ambulance first aid training
- Feeding the homeless today
- Maltby Street Revisited
- SE1 vs East North of the river
- Buying Plants in SE1
- Alternative to Borough Market?
- Parking Permits
- Cable nightclub - Bermondsey St
- Super sewer coming near you very soon
- Dolben Street
- Never-ending 'streetworks'
- Devon Mansions - Estate Parking..Help!
- The Old Fountain in St John's Gardens
- missing beggars waterloo
- The Watch House, Bermondsey Street
- Dodgy Planning Scams, Andrew Gilligan's Programme on Ch.4
Restaurants, pubs & bars close to St John's Waterloo
- Caprini Restaurant (60 yards)
- The Thames (66 yards)
- Fishcotheque (80 yards)
- Waterloo Grill (84 yards)
- Subway (90 yards)
- The White Hart (112 yards)
- DG's (126 yards)
- The Wellington (132 yards)
- Auberge (132 yards)
- The Hole in the Wall (134 yards)
- Yo! Sushi (136 yards)
- Costa Coffee (138 yards)
- Sports Bar & Grill (140 yards)
- Bagel Factory (142 yards)
- Burger King (144 yards)
- Costa Coffee (146 yards)