St John's Waterloo
Waterloo's Anglican parish church is dedicated to St John the Evangelist. The main Sunday Eucharist is at 10.30am.
St John's hosts a wide variety of local events, concerts, meetings and conferences.
The Parish of Waterloo also includes St Andrew's Community and Worship Centre.
Several organisations - including Southbank Mosaics and the Southbank Sinfonia - are based at St John's.
Tel: (020) 7633 9819
Want a handy printed guide to what's on in the area each month?
Pick up a free copy of in SE1 at St John's Waterloo.
News & features about St John's Waterloo
- Artist and activist Veronica Planton remembered at Waterloo exhibition (6 Jul 2014)
- Beating the bounds of Waterloo: MPs and councillors join St John's congregation (15 May 2014)
- Southwark Cathedral palm procession in Borough Market (13 Apr 2014)
- Waterloo Festival launches film score competition (28 Mar 2014)
- National Theatre's Shed could stay on South Bank for 3 more years (28 Mar 2014)
- Jail for 'prolific graffiti vandal' who tagged Waterloo tube trains (28 Jan 2014)
- Waterloo: put your bin out at wrong time and face £1,000 fine (24 Jan 2014)
- Robes sponsored sleepout raises £52,000 for winter night shelter (2 Dec 2013)
- Remembrance Sunday in SE1: pictures and audio (10 Nov 2013)
- Tabard Gardens gains Green Flag award for first time (6 Aug 2013)
- Revd Pearl Luxon named as new minister of Lambeth Mission & St Mary's (3 Aug 2013)
- Dale Inglis shows Thames paintings at National Theatre (14 Jul 2013)
- Waterloo church revives custom of 'beating the bounds' of parish (29 Apr 2013)
- Death of Revd Alison Warner (5 Apr 2013)
- Good Friday Pop Up Church takes over Waterloo Station concourse (29 Mar 2013)
- Dog and pot sculpture to be installed as Dickens bicentenary year ends (6 Dec 2012)
- Remembrance Sunday 2012 in SE1 (12 Nov 2012)
- Police: "25 alcohol seizures a week" in Waterloo churchyard (7 Aug 2012)
- Abram Wilson: New Orleans-style procession on South Bank (25 Jul 2012)
- 14 remarkable local women depicted in mosaic at Morley College (3 Jul 2012)
- Queen's Diamond Jubilee Weekend in SE1: Sunday 3 June 2012 (3 Jun 2012)
- Alcohol banned in Waterloo parks to combat 'rowdy' street drinkers (15 May 2012)
- Palm Sunday procession at Borough Market (1 Apr 2012)
- In pictures: Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday ceremonies (13 Nov 2011)
- King James Bible translator Lancelot Andrewes honoured at Cathedral Evensong (27 Sep 2011)
Forum discussions about St John's Waterloo
- st johns churchyard park takeover
- St John's Ambulance first aid training
- Feeding the homeless today
- Maltby Street Revisited
- SE1 vs East North of the river
- Buying Plants in SE1
- Alternative to Borough Market?
- Parking Permits
- Cable nightclub - Bermondsey St
- Super sewer coming near you very soon
- Dolben Street
- Never-ending 'streetworks'
- Devon Mansions - Estate Parking..Help!
- The Old Fountain in St John's Gardens
- missing beggars waterloo
- The Watch House, Bermondsey Street
- Dodgy Planning Scams, Andrew Gilligan's Programme on Ch.4
- Alcohol and entertainment license for Potters Fields Park
- Donations wanted - Kennington Association Bazaar 24 February
Restaurants, pubs & bars close to St John's Waterloo
- Caprini Restaurant (60 yards)
- The Thames (66 yards)
- Fishcotheque (80 yards)
- Waterloo Grill (84 yards)
- Subway (90 yards)
- The White Hart (112 yards)
- Mario's (122 yards)
- DG's (126 yards)
- The Wellington (132 yards)
- Auberge (132 yards)
- Royal House Cafe (132 yards)
- The Hole in the Wall (134 yards)
- Yo! Sushi (136 yards)
- Costa Coffee (138 yards)
- Sports Bar & Grill (140 yards)
- Bagel Factory (142 yards)