The Scoop at More London
The Scoop is an 800-seater amphitheatre next to London's City Hall on the south bank of the Thames close to Tower Bridge.
During the summer months a programme of free open-air musical performances (July), theatre productions (August) and movie screenings (September) is offered.
The Scoop is managed by the More London estate and is available for hire for many kinds of events.
News & features about The Scoop at More London
- Pankhursts lead International Women's Day walk along SE1 riverside (8 Mar 2015)
- Local images feature on 2015 calendars (15 Dec 2014)
- BookBenches appear around Bankside and London Bridge (3 Jul 2014)
- Simon Hughes takes up tennis at Tanner Street (24 Jun 2014)
- Local firms compete in Bankside and London Bridge pancake races (12 Feb 2013)
- Five Elephant & Castle businesses form CitySafe Zone (25 Oct 2012)
- Grace Idowu and Boris Johnson join forces for peace initiative (15 Jun 2012)
- Youths join hands round City Hall to launch 100 Days of Peace (11 Jun 2012)
- Potters Fields Park to be renamed 'London Park' for Olympics (25 Oct 2011)
- 20 local adults and children create dance performance for The Scoop (23 Oct 2011)
- Boris Johnson at London Bridge to launch search for young musicians (28 Mar 2011)
- Photography restrictions outside City Hall 'shocking', London Assembly committee told (23 Nov 2010)
- Boris Johnson launches 2-day Big Draw festival at London Bridge (22 Oct 2010)
- The Mayor's Thames Festival 2010 (12 Sep 2010)
- Nick Franglen's Hymn to London Bridge (2 Sep 2010)
- Don Juan in Love at The Scoop (21 Aug 2010)
- Toad Hall at The Scoop (21 Aug 2010)
- Ms Dynamite performs at The Scoop for young Waterway Champions (13 Jun 2010)
- Cossack dancers in Potters Fields Park to promote Maslenitsa Russsian festival (21 Jan 2010)
- John Constable's Southwark Mysteries drama to be revived in 2010 (25 Sep 2009)
- Boris Johnson and Wayne Hemingway launch KiosKiosk at More London (2 Jul 2009)
- Big Bang for World Fair Trade Day in The Scoop at More London (10 May 2009)
- Pete Postlethwaite at The Scoop to launch Origins: Festival of First Nations (4 May 2009)
- Scoop summer theatre and mediation centre share £20,000 from London Bridge businesses (8 Mar 2009)
- New wave of grants announced as local kids show off their talents (14 Dec 2008)
Forum discussions about The Scoop at More London
- Good family walk?
- Grange Pub
- Foreign child visiting SE1
- Opening Ceremony - anything in SE1
- Royal Barge - Gloriana
- London Bridge or Bermondsey/Canada Water safety??
- The Scoop
- Who's coming to the Scoop for the 2018 bid result later?
- Fire Alarm - every Sunday
- Southwark Cathedral clock
- Bicycle tree in Bermondsey Square
- Kings Arms and Street Furniture?
- Jason and the Argonauts at The Scoop
- Why is City Hall so un-Christmassy??
- The best restaurant in SE1
- Trendiest street in SE1 is.......
- Looking for an outdoor "function room"...
- Free films at The Scoop
- Flake Â£3.50?!?!?!
Restaurants, pubs & bars close to The Scoop at More London
- Strada (30 yards)
- London's Kitchen (54 yards)
- Caffe Fratelli (70 yards)
- Dim T (78 yards)
- Gaucho (82 yards)
- Spianata & Co (106 yards)
- Pod (148 yards)
- Itsu (160 yards)
- Pret a Manger (168 yards)
- Brigade (196 yards)
- Costa Coffee (200 yards)
- Unicorn Cafe (206 yards)
- Harris & Hoole (210 yards)
- Upper Deck Bar (210 yards)
- The Bridge Lounge (216 yards)
- Jamie's Italian (222 yards)