The Rake bar has been founded by the people behind Utobeer, the beer and drinks specialists who have had a high profile presence at the market for seven years.
As well as draught ale, The Rake offers approximately 100 bottled beers plus specials which will change seasonally
The drinks menu includes about ten ciders as well as a wide range of Schnapps, Jenevers, Spirits and Liqueurs.
The bar, with its Pilkington glass ceiling, seats 44 and includes an outside area that is decked. Thirteen feet long and seven feet wide, it is Londonâ€™s smallest bar, with the widest range of beers and will attract people who want a drink beyond the ordinary national brands on offer.
The food will be simple and include favourites from the Market such as Elizabeth King's famous pork pies as well as Flour Power bread and cheeses from Borough Market's small producers.
Tel: (020) 7407 0557
Nearest tube station: London Bridge (360 yards)
Is this info up-to-date? If not, let us know
News & features about The Rake
- Borough Market Christmas lights switched on (4 Dec 2014)
- CAMRA award for two more Borough pubs (25 Sep 2014)
- Shakespeare's Local: the George Inn's place in Southwark history (4 Dec 2012)
- Borough Market traders prepare to 'ring in' the Olympics (19 Jul 2012)
- Tour highlights Southwark's brewing and hop trade heritage (13 Jul 2012)
Forum discussions about The Rake
- Hate to post it it but noisey students moonraker point
- Green Parakeets in SE1
- Moonraker noise
- Moving to Great Dover Street
- Westfield Stratford
- Riots - updates and is everyone OK?
- International IPA day
- Parakeet on Marshalsea Road
- Wine Bar with outside seating in Borough
- Blocked Pavements Borough Market
- Pub crawl suggestions
- Which pub should I go to in SE1?
- Birthday lunch
- Samuel Smiths Stout
- Help to find a leaf picker-upper
- If you were only allowed to drink in 1 pub in SE1, which would it be?
- Cider Fest
- Best pubs in SE1
- Looking for an outdoor "function room"...
- Bermondsey Street by night- worth a look?