Long Lane is in the London Borough of Southwark.
Food & Drink
In the news
- Work starts on new council homes in Willow Walk
21 Apr 2014
- Sainsbury's plans store at controversial Great Dover Street hotel
4 Mar 2014
- Southwark Street shut overnight after storm damage at RBS offices
15 Feb 2014
- Three men charged over Old Kent Road kidnapping
10 Feb 2014
- Former Sons of Temperance Friendly Society HQ gets listed status
4 Dec 2013
- Southwark reveals second batch of sites for new council homes
16 Oct 2013
- Marlin Apartments wins approval for 'flagship' Waterloo apart-hotel
16 Oct 2013
- 'Fete at Bermondsey' painting goes on show at National Portrait Gallery
11 Oct 2013
- SE1 man jailed for bike theft
17 Aug 2013
- Southwark charity looks to buy more local pubs
15 Jun 2013
- Sainsbury's Local to open on site of Valentine pub, Long Lane
10 May 2013
- Paralympian David Weir opens Borough Kidney Treatment Centre
2 May 2013
- Abbey Street shut for three months for railway bridge restoration
9 Apr 2013
- Southwark charity buys Simon the Tanner pub
22 Mar 2013
- Borough Kidney Treatment Centre opens at Empire Square
26 Oct 2012
- First nine sites for new council homes in Southwark revealed
24 Oct 2012
- Abbey Street: TfL proposes to ban left turns at site of fatal collision
22 Oct 2012
- Neighbourhood forum consults on future of Long Lane
9 Sep 2012
- Plan to spend £44.5 million from luxury SE1 developments on new council homes
20 Aug 2012
- Tour highlights Southwark's brewing and hop trade heritage
13 Jul 2012
- The Taming of the Shrew at Shakespeare's Globe
5 Jul 2012
- Local deli comes to the rescue after Decima Street power cut
11 Jun 2012
- New council homes proposed for Long Lane
16 May 2012
- Derelict Valentine pub in Long Lane to be redeveloped
13 May 2012
- St Thomas Street, Stainer Street & Weston Street closed for 7 weeks
11 May 2012
- Alfred Salter statue: council seeks new location in SE16 or SE1
12 Apr 2012
- Simon Hughes joins 'Lorries for Savvy Cyclists' event at Bankside
18 Jan 2012
- London Bridge Station redevelopment gets green light from Southwark councillors
21 Dec 2011
- Sexual assault in Weston Street: police release e-fit of suspect
29 Sep 2011
- Vitalijs Janovics murder: Two appear at Old Bailey
2 Aug 2011
- Alan Kitching's Borough High Street print launched at Royal Oak
28 Jul 2011
- Bermondsey murder victim named as Vitaliy Janovics
23 Jul 2011
- St Hugh's Church says farewell to Charterhouse Rainbow Building
3 Jul 2011
- Borough High Street to be closed southbound for 9 months (again)
21 Mar 2011
- Val Shawcross urges Lambeth and Southwark residents to join credit union
11 Jan 2011
- Local filmmaker tells story of Bermondsey Antiques Market
28 Nov 2010
- Contraflow for cyclists in Bermondsey Street
4 Oct 2010
- Sainsbury's Local Bermondsey Square chooses Skill as charity of the year
28 Sep 2010
- Bermondsey skyscraper row prompts reopening of London Bridge planning consultation
23 Sep 2010
- Tesco Express to open in Borough Road
20 Sep 2010
- Polish art festival returns to the Borough
10 Sep 2010
- Cyclist injured in lorry collision at Great Dover Street & Long Lane junction
10 Sep 2010
- Strata SE1 wind turbines shown at Royal Academy Summer Exhibition
11 Jun 2010
- Tesco Express now open in Tower Bridge Road
3 Jun 2010
- Man shot outside Whitesmiths Arms in Crosby Row
2 Jun 2010
- Have your say on the future of Bankside, Borough and London Bridge
4 Mar 2010
- Tesco Express to open in Tower Bridge Road
10 Feb 2010
- "Slab-like, monolithic and overbearing" - 17-storey tower at Borough rejected
3 Feb 2010
- Borough High Street closed southbound until July 2010
9 Dec 2009
- C10 is second most complained about bus route in London
25 Nov 2009
- Calls for Bankside licensing saturation zone to be extended west of Blackfriars Road
11 Nov 2009
- Centenary of Bermondsey suffragette protest
28 Oct 2009
- Councillors back 'saturation zone' for bar and shop licences in Bankside
9 Oct 2009
- Autumn in SE1: roadworks in Tooley Street, Borough High Street & New Kent Road
31 Aug 2009
- Think establishes cluster of 600 short-stay and long-term apartments in SE1
16 Jun 2009
- Charles Dickens School plan goes on show in Piccadilly
10 Jun 2009
- Roger Hiorns' Harper Road blue crystals artwork shortlisted for Turner Prize
28 Apr 2009
- Plans for 19-storey student residence opposite Borough tube station
24 Mar 2009
- Five Elephant & Castle housing schemes get the green light
22 Dec 2008
- Newington Triangle: architects appointed for mixed-use development
16 Nov 2008
- Sainsbury's Local in Bermondsey Square opens its doors
12 Sep 2008
- Harper Road council flat filled with blue crystals
31 Aug 2008
- Civic Trust awards for RFH, Young Vic and Empire Square
17 Mar 2008
- Porlock Street stabbing: police seek two male suspects
10 Jan 2008
- Porlock Street: stabbed teenager in critical condition
9 Jan 2008
- 24-hour Sainsbury's store for Bermondsey Square
7 Jan 2008
- Tesco Express opens in Long Lane
19 Oct 2007
- Tesco Express and Soho Gyms for Empire Square
25 Sep 2007
- Tesco coming to Tabard Square
9 Jul 2007
- Potters Fields kiosk at Royal Academy Summer Exhibition
12 Jun 2007
- Save Borough Post Office say Lib Dems
14 May 2007
- Beormund School tops national table
8 Dec 2006
- Man seriously injured in Long Lane 'road rage'
24 Nov 2006
- Show apartments open at Tabard Square
31 Jul 2006
- Berkeley's barometer beacon highlights Tabard Square tower
2 Mar 2006
- Man killed in Long Lane taxi collision - police appeal
26 Jul 2005
- Two jailed for violent robbery spree in SE1
14 Feb 2005
- Buxton Homes offers discounts for first-time buyers
1 Jul 2004
- Bermondsey Square plans on show
12 Mar 2003
On the forum
- Long Lane humming noise
- Food hamper
- C10 passengers revolt
- Cleaner required
- Ticino vs Franco Manca
- Handyman/woman small job
- Baker and Maker
- google maps..
- Do you want safer crossings on Borough High Street?
- Cycle 'die-in' Blackfriars Rd Friday 5pm
- Nicholas Lyndhurst filming on Long Lane today
- Cycling in Central London
- The Arc, Tower Bridge - promo video
- City Walk
- New Bermondsey to Borough bus route needed
- Redevelopment of Stage Electrics warehouse & offices, 175-180 Long Lane
- Tesco Empire Square re-opens
- Need a good hairdresser
- Morning Outriders, TBR
- Incessant screaming - Rothsay Street area
- 3 Micro Scooters Lost in King Stairs Park SE16
- Hall for kid's birthday party
- Yoga classes
- Tanner Street Closed
- Micro scooter bag found
- Hidden Southwark?
- Where to buy scotch bonnet peppers in SE1?
- Fly Tipping on Long Lane
- Are 10000 new council homes in Southwark enough?
- BEWARE THIEF in Royal Mail Mandela Way Office
- Southwark Liberal Democrats - your thoughts on Transport & Environment
- Tesco Long Lane identification of food items....
- Duvet cleaning
- Born within 300 metres of Tower Bridge
- New hairdressing salon on Long Lane
- A Question regarding Trinity Square
- Lost cat - junction of Bermondsey Street and Long Lane
- Sainsbury's 171 Long Lane
- Escape to the country?
- Elim Estate, Weston Street
- Good fish&chip shop?
- Sainsbury's Borough High Street
- Decent Pub Food - Borough
- Abbey Street closed 8 April - 8 June
- Simon Hughes turned right
- Looking for an apartment or B&B for a weekend
- SE1 preschools
- Sexually confrontational man on Long Lane, early mornings
- £5 note at cash dispensers
- A nice brunch?
- Dog mess on Union Street
- Waitrose coming to SE1?
- Noise pollution from Guy's Hospital
- Valentines Pub Hoardings (Long Lane)
- Tesco Tooley Street New Tills
- Why do so many SE1 cats leave home?
- Potters Fields / St Olave's graveyard
- Bells of SE1
- Soundproofing in residential Estates (Bermondsey / Rotherhithe ) pre 70's builds.
- Village or Neighbourhood?
- Long Lane cordoned off
- Campaign to reinstate Bermondsey Spa rail station
- Lant Street and Long Lane
- Please Help...Stolen Christiania Bike , £200 reward*
- Southwark Council using secret lie detector tests according to the Mail
- Help people with dementia while having a few pints?
- Good job these guys are around...
- London Bridge area fireworks
- Yet another Sainsbury's
- Mint Street: why has Southwark closed another road?
- SE16 community website
- Councillor calls for crack down on pubs on wheels
- Tower Bridge Road junction. Again
- Leathermarket Street traffic calming measures
- Have you lost a wedding ring? An old, old scam
- Someone to print A3 colour sheets this weekend
- The future of Long Lane
- Local Apartments?
- Railings removal
- Moving to Great Dover Street
- Anyone remember big warehouse on Gt Dover St, opp St George church and Borough station corner Trinity St.
- Does anyone know this 5 aside football pitch?
- Wisdom Tooth Op at Guys London Bridge on Olympics
- I blame da Vinci
- A quick question
- Whitesmith's Arms, Crosby Row - closed down?
- C10 service getting worse
- Tickets For The Shard
- Suspicious activity around City Walk / Vesta Court area
- Off licence on Long Lane
- Mugging on Tooley Street
- Ground floor space next to Antico on Long Lane
- Incessant beeping
- Sick of all the push bikers jumping lights on Borough High St
- New council houses develpment in Long Lane
- Another car crash in Bermondsey st tunnell
- Big Bang Noise in Borough High Street Yesterday
- New Burgess Park Playground
- Pie and mash
- Nimby Council at Maltby Street.
- Abbey Street
- Accident on Long Lane
- Antonine Heights
- Parcels stolen from inside building
- Garage to rent?
- Waxing for men
- Development corner of Weston Street/Leathermarket St
- Noise disturbance Gt Dover St
- Urban fox watch
- Street Party
- Light bulbs
- Dog walks/dog friendly pubs
- Knitting Class
- Good places to eat around Think Apartments, Tower Bridge Road
- Is there a topic anywhere on "old SE1"?
- New take away on Tanner Street
- Sad-looking Tower Bridge Road
- Antico Restaurant & Lounge Bar
- Stray Cat found.
- PAYG Gyms in SE1
- Where to live?
- Fancy a pint?
- Building on corner or Bermondsey Street and Long Lane
- Petition for pedestrian crossing at junction of TBR, Long Lane, Abbey Street
- Lots of Police on Tower Bridge Road
- Indian between Long Lane and student housing?
- Gentlemen's club opening on Empire square/Long Lane
- 188 Bus Problems?
- London Bridge redevelopment - Traffic mayhem to come
- Tabard Sq or Empire Sq?
- Scary lorry incident London Bridge.
- Southwark Free School - Peter John's comments
- Homeless sleeping all over parks
- Litter festival outside Tesco on Long Lane
- Parks in SE1
- Boris bike full docking stations
- Mystifyingly loud noise at around 2 AM this morning
- Late licence and music licence application Simon The Tanner pub
- 3 cats found dead in 5 days
- Possible bicycle theft yesterday @ Tabard/Silvester
- NO BROADBAND service owing to CLBER exchange flood
- The Rose, Snowsfields
- Micky's Fish and Chips
- 206 Bermondsey Street
- House visiting for one cat
- areas to avoid?
- Riots - updates and is everyone OK?
- Tesco coming to More London/Tooley Street
- best place for sunday lunch in SE1
- ART SPACE NEEDED
- Getting keys to guest
- Remodelled traffic island on the Borough High St end of Great Dover Street
- Alan Kitching’s Borough High Street print
- Mobile Masts
- Occasional child-friendly dog walking offered
- Noisy construction work before 8am
- C10 diversions
- Gym in SE1
- SE1 apartment sales in Hong Kong
- New mobile telephone mast on Long Lane / Weston St
- Black Leather Chair Free to collector
- Hiba Restaurant closed from June 1
- The Borough
- Anyone else fed up with all the litter?
- Fusion gym on Bermondsey Street
- Deserted playgrounds in SE1
- Unused massive empty space in Empire Square Long Lane
- Are you a Bermondsey Local?
- Taxi recommendations
- Valentine pub, Long Lane
- In search of dog walker, SE1
- Yellow lines.....
- Daily dog sitter wanted
- Yet another Tesco!
- Drunks/Meth heads in John Harvard Library and local parks
- Great Dover St/Long Lane
- Tesco deliveries in SE1 area
- Hate to Post it-but THE POST
- SE1 run out of broadband slots ???
- Fire Alarm - every Sunday
- 2010 Wallpaper magazines
- Pedestrian Crossing - Long Lane / Abbey St / TBR
- Zebra Crossing - Abbey Street/Long Lane
- The Shard - noise nuisance
- Moving to SE1
- Tanner street oilman
- Woolfson & Tay bookshop opens in Bermondsey Square
- Nightime roadworks Bermondsey St area
- Barclays Cycle Hire
- Very noisy neighbours 219 Long Lane (Clay Court) - large American man
- too much joy
- Blackwall Tunnel Closure
- Cyclist in accident corner BHS and Dover St
- Nurseries near Borough Station
- Papa Johns takeaway right on Tower Bridge Road at 168a
- Tabard St by St George the Martyr
- my blog, coffee and herbs
- Destroying the character of Bermondsey Street
- NOT in praise of Southwark Council - parking jokers anyway...
- Real Egyptian Falafel and Fuul on Tooley Street
- Accident on Weston St
- Motorcycle Safety
- Very noisy people in apartment on Long Lane last night
- Not Afraid of Heights?
- C10 bus
- Location, location
- Tesco TBR
- St Georges Buildings Borough High St
- Noise at night in Tennis Street
- Hartley going
- Traffic Monday night
- Closure Of Borough High Street
- Early life in Bermondsey
- Cyclists trying to steal mobile phones - Warning!
- Ticino bakery
- Building on corner of Bermondsey St/Long Lane
- Controlled Parking Zone Review
- David Haye (Local Lad)
- Bermondsey Square food market
- Heygate Demolition
- 78 bus
- Bike stolen from outside Tesco on Long Lane
- Mending moth holes in a sweater
- Postal strike
- Conman fleecing public money Alert!!
- Digging up Borough High Street
- Conman In Leathermarket Street
- Bermondsey Street Arches
- Children's play area you like the most
- Laxon Street School Long Lane 1963-67
- Mugged outside my own flat
- New 24hr shop, Snowsfields
- Â£3.95 for a slice of Cheese???
- The Ship, Long Lane
- Cat sitter- Shad Thames
- Bankside Housing Office
- What's your favourite road name in SE1?
- New Traffic Lights for Tower Bridge Rd at Tanner Street - REQUEST
- City Walk/Long Lane
- Laundrettes in SE1
- Cycle hire docking station for BHS
- Annoying party Icon building 4th July
- Roadworks in Long Lane
- Helicopter in Long Lane
- Bike stolen from Tesco
- The bells of St George the Martyr
- Long Lane through the years
- Antonine Heights, City Walk
- Melior Street Garden
- Hit by a cigarette on Shad Thames
- Heating Engineer/Plumber Needed
- E&C early housing sites and Borough & Bankside area housing office
- Which pub should I go to in SE1?
- A2 Great Dover Street
- Loud music and banging Saturday night
- Long Lane closed next 5 weekends
- "Dreadful" bus service on routes 1 and 78: Val Shawcross investigates
- Has anyone had any post since the snow?
- Minder on Five
- 200 Great Dover Street
- Snow in SE1
- Garden shed wanted
- New fruit & veg stall on TBR
- Hip hop/Street dance lessons at Soho Gym long lane 15/1/09
- Six Wines Eight
- Southwark Council to refuse licenses
- Idiot Drivers
- Making Southwark's Roads Safer
- Long Lane road works
- Pilates Classes - late afternoon
- Attempted Break In On Bermondsey St
- BYO Restaurant
- Bermondsey Square Cinema
- Art Restorer/ Painting Restoration
- Incompetent drivers.....GERRRRR..
- Southwark Council.......what a joke
- If you were only allowed to drink in 1 pub in SE1, which would it be?
- Tesco coming to the Walworth Road?
- Pub to watch football in, not get teeth knocked out?
- The Watch House, Bermondsey Street
- Grange Road 1945-1965
- Bermondsey Square
- Fellow Motorcyclists: Where to keep my new toy?
- Domestic cleaner
- Scammer, Long Lane area
- Destruction of antiques market Victorian warehouse
- The Simon (the tanner) pub, long lane
- The best restaurant in SE1
- Newington Butts pawn shop
- Accident on Long Lane
- Mei King premises on Snowsfields - what was it
- M&S Simply Food Bankside
- What is the Long Lane area like?
- Empire Square - Commercial Space
- Zebra Crossing on Bermondsey Street
- The Old School Yard (previously "The George")
- Abbey Street & Congestion Charge zone
- London Bridge/Rotherhithe Penninsula Buses
- Incident last night corner of Staple Street?
- Need a GP recommendation...
- Fabric shops in SE1
- Old Kent Road & East Street
- The Hartley - Tower Bridge Road
- Pavement on Bermondsey Street
- Where to buy saffron
- Empire Building Cable Broadband
- Bermondsey Street One Way
- Up on the roof or at the top ........
- Chaucer Ward Police Meeting
- Bermondsey Square development
- Good and bad customer service in SE1
- Shad Thames - Is it really that nice?
- Brandon House - Another tall building planned for SE1?
- Councillor for Bermondsey St
- Radio/transmission interference
- Bermondsey Square Development
- Junction of TBR and Abbey St
- Southwark's Plans for Bermondsey Street
- Empire Square
- Calling all runners
- Soho Gyms
- Leathermarket Court Theft
- Heathrow flightpaths
- Mini cabs
- Town Planning
- Strange smell yesterday evening
- A good traditional chippy
- Southwark Traffic Planning
- Why is Bermondsey Street so great?
- Bermondsey Street Southwark Council Development Work Group
- Weird animal noises at 1am
- Any City Walk residents?
- Wild's Rents
- Tesco Borough
- Recommendation Chinese herbalist/ accupuncture in SE1
- Recommendation for painter/decorator?
- Looking for Gardener
- Tommy Steele "Bermondsey Boy"
- Bermondsey Street Thames Water works
- Ray's Ristorante pizzeria
- Con man in Shad Thames
- Moving to Alscot Road, help??
- Rubbish collection at 06.30hrs???
- New to SE1, Long Lane
- St Stephen's Church, Manciple Street, Southwark
- Bermondsey Street Conservation Area extension
- Power Cut Long Lane
- Eastwell House/Tabard Gardens
- SE1's nicest squares
- Finding a doctor
- Imitation handguns for sale in East Street
- Grange Road - planning for student accommodation
- Dog Friendly pubs etc
- New development on Recall site
- Man (men!) and Van - brilliant
- Primary Schools and nursery
- Window Cleaners
- New (I think) 20mph zone on Grange Road
- Pubs in Long Lane - Closed
- Manze's On-Line
- Coffee @ Bermondsey Street
- Pub Rules
- Hide Bar, Bermondsey Street
- Bermondsey Graffiti Wall
- Simon the Tanner is shut again
- Tabard/Empire Square supermarket
- Huge building site Long Lane
- Valentine's, Long Lane
- Can anyone recommend a GP surgery please?
- So much for enhanced local policing!
- Local Tenants' and Residents' Associations
- Is this a record?
- Bermondsey Street - scaffolding free
- History of Tenison Street
- The Hartley & The Anchor and Hope
- Stopping the cyclists at More London
- Looking for 3 year olds
- Streets around Thorburn Square
- No Water!
- Deli on the corner of Wildâ€™s Rents and Long Lane?
- 37 degrees gym
- Bike Theft
- Warehouse / car park wanted for wedding marquee
- Morocco Street Stopping-up (2004?)